Free delivery on orders of £12 or over to UK Mainland
26 May 2020
As lavender season begins in June, we thought we’d take a look at this wonderfully soothing herb. Popularly known for its healing benefits, lavender complements our Epsom salts beautifully. Much like Newton Wood Epsom salts, lavender is a fantastic sleep aid, helping you relax and destress before bed – but that’s not all…
What else can lavender help with?
• Dry skin
• Sun burn
• Fungal infections
• Depression and low mood
Lavender is super versatile and healing, just like our luxury Epsom salts which help with many of the same complaints above. This is why we love lavender season – it’s the perfect time to get the most out of Newton Wood Epsom salt crystals.
Lavender season is a great time to enjoy all that lavender has to offer. And so that you get the most out of your Epsom salt and lavender experience we’ve shared some of our favourite uses below to get you inspired.
How to use lavender and Epsom salt together:
• Bath soak – calming and restoring soak for 20 minutes
• Body scrub – full body treatment to renew skin feel and appearance
• Hand polish – treat dry, over-worked hands with a gentle scrub
• Foot scrub and soak – scrub away dead skin and instead of rinsing, soak in water
• Lip treatment – buff away dry chapped skin for better moisturisation
• Face polish – remove dead skin and improve circulation for rejuvenated skin
• Bath infusion – create a posy of herbs to fragrance and infuse the water
Newton Wood’s Rejuvenating Facial Polish
• Generous scoop of Newton Wood Epsom Salt Crystals
• Equal amounts coconut oil (or your favourite carrier oil)
• Lavender Essential Oil (1 drop per 5mls of carrier oil used)
• Scoop of Lavender flowers (fresh or dried)
Combine all ingredients. Allow to infuse for 10 minutes for the Epsom salt crystals to partially dissolve and for the lavender fragrance to bloom. Using circular upward motions gently scrub the face, avoid the area around the eye but remember to include. Then using a muslin cloth dampened in warm water to steam the skin and then buff away the scrub. Splash with cool water to remove any excess residue. Pat dry and follow up with a lavender facial oil.
To purchase Newton Wood Epsom salt crystals click here.
We hope you continue to stay healthy and well at this difficult time – check out our social media pages for more ideas, inspiration and support and get involved, we’d love to hear from you:
NB: We recommend you always seek professional advice from a healthcare professional if you are pregnant, breast feeding, taking medication or have any medical conditions before using new products.
I’ve enjoyed using my Epsom Salts in the bath after having the flu they really helped ease my aches & pains. Love the packaging too would definitely buy again & recommend to others.